Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ranger Doubletakes, V




The White Sox media guide says two scouts discovered Mark Buehrle while he pitched at Jefferson Junior College in Missouri. The truth is a cab pulled up next to Buehrle as he walked home after a night of boozing and a disembodied voice said, "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Come with me tonight." Buehrle jumped in the cab to discover the voice belonged to Ron Schueler, White Sox GM at the time. The rest, as they say, is history.

Casey, do you realize what you may have passed up while fearing for your safety?

5 comments:

Ranger63 said...

I miss Kevin's beard (and mustache). It always reminded me of moss.

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke, did that beard/mustache combo tickle when you two were slow dancing at Berlin?

Anonymous said...

I still say that I made the right decision. I mean, did you hear about those sexual assaults in the Lakeview neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

he looks like Mark, but can he pitch like Mark. can anyone pitch that badly?

Heartattack 19 said...

The real question is, can Mark have as much fun as Kevin?